So I am in college and in college its hard to find time to sleep let alone eat a healthy or home cooked meal. And forget going to the grocery store, its like a war zone in there. So we end up eating what ever our hands reach first on the frozen food isle or what ever fast food place is open the latest at night and can easily be consumed in or on the way to the library. Going home and having your mom cook your favorite meal is like precious gold, but now that I’m a senior even going home has become a rarity. So I had to do something.
One night I went to dinner at my boyfriend’s mother’s house. They were talking about this food service called Hello Fresh and it literally sounded to good to be true. Fresh, healthy meals delivered straight to my door and I get to completely by pass the grocery store, of course, I would want to sign up for that!
I will admit it is pricey at $60 a week but my plan serves two people per meal. Essentially that ends up being 6 meals so really its about $10 a meal. About what you would spend on eating out. And the food is fresh, fresher that what you even get for the grocery store sometimes! The meals are healthy and they haven’t sent me anything yet that I wouldn’t eat again. I also only have to go to the grocery store now for things like milk and cereal and things like hot pockets for lunch so it honestly has saved me money.
I really like that it is structured that I know what I am eating each night and that I have everything right there too cook it rather than risking forgetting something and having to go all the way back to town to get the one thing I forgot. I also love that I know what I am getting in each box and if I don’t really want one of the options I can change it online. I can pick my meals weeks in advance and if I need to skip a week for any reason I can it is as easy a pressing a button and I wont even be charged for that week. Each recipe only takes 30 minutes to cook and its actually fun to do. And the best part the clean up is SUPER easy! 10/10 Would Recommend this, my boyfriend and I are literally loving it!
Here is the link: Hello Fresh got check it out for your self. ( Your first box is usually half off so you can try it for $30.) Also here is a picture of one one of the things I have cooked using Hello Fresh so you can see that it really does look like they say it will!
A few of my favorites have been: Maple Glazed Pork Chops, Chicken Cheddar Fajitas, and the Herbed Chicken over Zucchini Risotto (This is what is pictured above). Try it and let me know what you think in the comments! 🙂
So I know I have been MIA for a few weeks but I have been busy with finals, then I went to New York, and came home and started a new job at Wild Wing Cafe. But I am back now and done with school for a bit so I will be able to post pretty frequently… Hopefully. So be on the look out for tons of pictures and details from my Fashion Study Tour to New York City and some other really fun posts.
So for the first post in a while I discovered an amazing dessert recipe on Pinterest. I don’t usually have a lot of good luck with recipes I find on Pinterest. I might cook it once and it be pretty good but not good enough to stick around as a regular dish. This one however is defiantly a keeper.
Me and my friends had a “cook in” the other night. It was literally pouring rain and so we couldn’t have our previously planned cook out. We had already bought all the things too cook so we went ahead and cooked and so I made a dessert. We had hamburgers and mac and cheese, pasta salad and chips and dip. I had made this dessert previously and it was great but it turned out to look like a mess because I didn’t have a spring form pan. I 10 out of 10 would recommend a spring form pan to put this in. So I got this off Pinterest so its not my own recipe but here it is.
Brownie Batter No Bake Cheesecake
(Did I mention that it was no bake? How easy is that!)
- 2 ½ cups (225 g) chocolate sandwich
- cookie crumbs (I use Oreos)
- 6 tbsp (86 g) unsalted butter
- 24 oz (680 g) cream cheese, softened (I use light)
- ½ cup (96 g) granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp (44 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 3 cups (375 g) brownie mix (dry) (I use a Low Fat mix)
- 3 tbsp (23 g) brownie mix (dry)
- 3 tsp (15 ml) vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp (59 ml) heavy whipping cream
- (or milk)
- 1 cup (237 ml) heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup (65 g) powdered sugar
- Prepare a 9-inch (23-cm) springform pan by lightly greasing the edges of the pan with cooking spray, and then wiping gently with a paper towel. Before measuring, grind the cookies into fine crumbs using a food processor or blender. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the butter for 45 to 60 seconds until the butter is melted.
- In a separate medium-size bowl, pour the melted butter into the cookie crumbs and stir until there are no dry crumbs left. Pour the crumbs into your springform pan and press firmly into the bottom and up the sides of your springform pan to create a thick crust.
- Beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the sugar into the cream cheese while beating the mixture. Next, add the heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract. Beat until the filling is smooth and creamy, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Slowly add the dry brownie mix, beating on medium speed until the dry mix is completely blended into the cream cheese.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust and spread evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours until the filling is firm.
- In a small bowl, combine dry brownie mix, vegetable oil and heavy whipping cream or milk. Whisk until the mixture is smooth. For a thinner mixture, you can add additional heavy whipping cream. Drizzle over the cheesecake.
- Place the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to chill.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream gets bubbly. Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Remove the springform pan edge and use a large star tip to pipe the whipped cream on the outside edges of the cheesecake.
This is where I got the recipe, defiantly check out this site it has some great recipes!
One thing I did to… well… enhance this recipe was add some strawberries! They are so good with this and it helps cut the richness of the chocolate in this cheesecake! I personally think it makes it 10 times better!! If you love chocolate like I do you will love this recipe! Try it and tell me what y’all think about it!